The redevelopment of the Site into a mixed-use landmark location of national importance and international visibility and a pole of international recognition, enhancing the attractiveness of the Athens greater area both as a global tourist destination and as a business, leisure, health and R&D hub in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- New life to be injected into this Site and linked effectively with the surrounding urban fabric, whilst making imaginative use of the coastal front.
- Create a metropolitan park for the enjoyment of the people of the greater Athens region.
- The Site to remain integrated with the existing urban and infrastructure complex of the Athens metropolitan area.
- The stimulation of economic growth and the provision of social benefits through the creation of jobs during the planning, execution and operation of the development of the Site.
- The implementation of best international practices for the project's design, construction, finance and operation.
- The creation of a balanced and environmentally sustainable economic development.
- The promotion of the use of eco-friendly materials, methods and technologies, in particular the application of energy and water saving methods and the use of renewable energy sources.
- The facilitation of pedestrian circulation within the Site and the emphasis on public transportation.